Friday, October 10, 2014

GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 10 October 2014

GAGs is into its third week with a new selection of blog posts I have read and enjoyed for various reasons over the past week. As previously stated the selections here are subject to my personal biases and I make no apology for that.


Presenting some selections from my RSS feeds this week: 

1. This collection of images posted by Caitlin of Genealogically Speaking was utterly charming

2. Reading through this Sepia Saturday post from Lorraine set me thinking about how my Mother and her four sisters managed to be so well dressed in the 1940s
http://boobookbacktracks.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/sepia-saturday-ration-coupons.html

3. A great idea for Geneasharing is outlined in Derek's post
http://blog.derekjwhitten.id.au/2014/10/marriage-certificates-to-share/

4. I'm a sucker for book related stories so I really enjoyed Anne Young's well illustrated post.

5. Beautiful sentiments from Maria Hurrell in New Zealand

6. Although I am not familiar with the places from this post I enjoyed poring over the historic images

7. It's always good to get back to basics, good tips in this post from Seonaid

8. Perhaps you know about Ossarios, I didn't. Thanks Kay Ball (no relation) for enlightening me

9. A few Australians commented on this post from Canadian blogger Lorine. What do you think of what she has to say?
http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/genealogy-should-be-free-say-what.html

10. My fellow Official Congress Blogger, Pauleen, makes a good case for journeying to Canberra

I will endeavour to notify those mentioned above when I have a spare moment. 



6 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Thanks Jill, hope people are becoming enthusiastic about Congress with all out blogs and tweets :)

Caitie G said...

Thank you Jill! ^_^

GeniAus said...

I'm just sitting down to contact perople and let them know they are on my GAGs list this week but there are two people I don't need to contact. Thanks Pauleen and Caitlin for your support.

crgalvin said...

Really enjoying this series of posts as it leads me in so many new directions, thank you.

Alex Daw said...

Jill - I think this is such a great addition to the blog reading calendar - thanks for bringing my attention to so many new and interesting bloggers/subjects

Geniejen said...

More great blogs, soon I'll need more hours in the day. Thanks for sharing your finds with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...