Friday, November 7, 2014

GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 7 November 2014

My time clock is still out of whack so this 7th edition of GAGs is coming to you on 7 November GMT. Reading blog posts has been an easy task this week as I have been on the road (as a passenger) so I have had plenty of time to keep up with blog reading. Sorry about the .uk URLs - that's what happens when one is in another country.

As previously stated the selections here are subject to my personal biases (
 I favour posts that contain original material) and I make no apology for that. 




Presenting in no particular order some selections from my RSS feeds this week: 


1. From Lorine in Canada, it's sad that people keep having to write on this subject but some people don't get it or they just don't care.
http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-plagiarism-problem-rears-its-ugly.html


2. I was in Shropshire this week and I love a good book so had to include Via's post.
http://bisnonni.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/shropshire-pitmen-poachers-and-preachers.html


3. I breathe a sigh of relief every time Chris joins a GeniAus Hangout on Air because she is such good support. She doesn't blog uch about family history but she does write about her travels.

4. Thanks to Helen for notifying us of this new site which needs your help.

5. Sharon shares a new book that has a personal connection for her.

6. The first of a super series of Movember posts from Alona.

7. Nola is learning about blogging. Her course emphasises the importance of a blog's name. Does your blog have a unique and catchy title.?

8. Don't want to bore the socks off family members at holiday gatherings. Valerie's tips should help.

9. Deb writes about a letter carrier named Bussey, What a beaut name.

10. I couldn't make SAG's Lost in weekend so I was pleased to be able to read Lilian's account. Lilian does a great job of keeping the members of her Society informed.
http://bankstownfamilyhistorygroupinc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-sag-lost-in-weekend.html

NB I try to leave a comment on all the blogs I nominate but sometimes I don't quite get around to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...